It was a busy Day 1 at Internet of Things World, the world’s largest IoT event held at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Yesterday, we announced:
- The expansion of Silver Spring’s developer program including a new developer portal, developer kits, and a simulation tool. Our goal is to help streamline the process for our developer community, including partners and new and existing customers, to help accelerate adoption of our IoT Technology in smart utility, smart city, and industrial IoT verticals. See the announcement, here.
- Issued Silver Spring’s “Know Your IoT Rights” campaign aimed at educating the developer and our broader partner and customer communities about the technology requirements that matter for IoT. See the announcement, here. You can also download the white paper and be sure to enter the contest to win great prizes. This new white paper complements a recent Wi-SUN white paper, Comparing IoT Networks at A Glance, available here.
In “The New Age of Industrial IoT” keynote panel with other thought leaders from across the industry, Silver Spring CTO Don Reeves argued that given industrial IoT equipment can be over 20 years old, customers within the space need a platform that can support this lifecycle. He also highlighted how open standards can expand the smart city and smart energy ecosystem to further accelerate deployments.
We hope to see you at IoT World Booth #418, and hear our featured speaking sessions:
- Mike Bell, President and CEO – Open IoT Networks: What Kind of Network Do You Want to Build? (keynote); Wednesday, May 17 @ 9:50 am PT (more info here).
- Sean Tippett, Director of Smart City Business Development – Creating Smarter Cities: Future Trends (panel discussion); Wednesday, May 17 @ 12:00 pm PT (more info here).
- John Marcolini, GM and VP of Product Management– Industrial IoT Applications: How Developers Can Go-To-Market Using Proven Connectivity Platforms (IoT Architecture Symposium session); Wednesday, May 17 @ 2:20 pm PT (more info here).
In the meantime, check out our VP and GM of Product John Marcolini’s blog, Rights of an IoT World on the Internet of Things Institute. Or learn more about our Starfish Platform-as-a-Service and how Silver Spring connects devices for the Industrial IoT.