Interoperability with MilSoft, MeterSense, and SmartGridCIS to Help Municipal and Cooperative Utilities Unlock More Value from Investments
Nashville, TN. – June 17, 2013 – Today at the American Public Power Association’s National Conference, Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) unveiled several efforts to help simplify systems integration and accelerate deployment of smart grid technologies for municipal and cooperative utilities. Silver Spring will be leveraging the MultiSpeak specification for interoperability and will also enable a pre-paid billing solution to help municipal and cooperative utilities augment services and increase the return on their smart grid investment.
“Supporting industry standards and interoperability, which significantly lowers costs and speeds time to deployment, is vital for this important group of utilities,” said Anil Gadre, Executive Vice President of Products, Silver Spring Networks. “Our widely adopted, standards-based platform connects more than 16.5 million smart grid devices worldwide and our ecosystem continues to grow larger every day. Silver Spring is committed to accelerating smart grid innovation for municipal and cooperative utilities so they can deliver even higher value to their consumers.”
Silver Spring brings the industry’s most innovative smart grid portfolio to municipal and cooperative utilities, helping them enhance service quality, improve power grid reliability, increase operational efficiency, and empower their consumers to take control of their energy consumption. Today’s news includes:
- MultiSpeak Support: Continuing its industry standards leadership and participation, Silver Spring joined the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) MultiSpeak Initiative. The MultiSpeak specification is a key standard for application interoperability and helps eliminate the costs and time associated with complex systems integration. Silver Spring’s UtilityIQ™ Advanced Metering Manager application is expected to support MultiSpeak in the second half of 2013.
- Interoperability with MeterSense: Leveraging MultiSpeak for interoperability, MeterSense, the meter data management solution (MDMS) from Harris Utilities, will interoperate with Silver Spring’s UtilityIQ Advanced Metering Manager application to help provide critical validation and estimation functions enabling utilities to improve customer service and operational efficiency.
- Interoperability with MilSoft: Leveraging MultiSpeak for interoperability, MilSoft’s DisSPatch® outage management solution (OMS) will interoperate with Silver Spring’s UtilityIQ Advanced Metering Manager application to enable utilities to better manage their power grids during service outages.
- Interoperability with SmartGridCIS: The SmartGridCIS pre-paid billing solution will interoperate with Silver Spring’s UtilityIQ Advanced Metering Manager application to allow utilities to reduce unpaid bills, increase net income, and improve overall customer satisfaction. This solution can be deployed as a fully integrated solution to existing CIS/billing platforms, or as a stand-alone solution, designed for utilities who want to pilot a pre-paid billing system before making a larger investment.
Accelerating Smart Grid Benefits for Public Power Providers
With a focus on making it easy to rapidly scope, deploy and test results, Silver Spring enables municipal and cooperative utilities to roll out a range of smart grid solutions. They can deploy sophisticated Advanced Metering Infrastructure for electricity, water, and natural gas customers and support demand response, distribution automation, and other critical infrastructure applications over time. Silver Spring works with municipal and cooperative utilities such as CPS Energy, Modesto Irrigation District, Sacramento Municipal Utilities District, Snohomish County Public Utility District and others to unlock smart grid benefits for their consumers today. For more information visit www.silverspringnet.com/bigsolutions/.
Join the Silver Spring Networks Conversation
- Follow @SilverSpringNet on Twitter
- Like Silver Spring Networks on Facebook at facebook.com/silverspringnetworks
About Silver Spring Networks
Silver Spring Networks is a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks. Silver Spring’s pioneering IPv6 networking platform, with 16.5 million Silver Spring enabled devices delivered, is connecting utilities to homes and business throughout the world with the goal of achieving greater energy efficiency for the planet. Silver Spring’s innovative solutions enable utilities to gain operational efficiencies, improve grid reliability, and empower consumers to monitor and manage energy consumption. Silver Spring Networks customers include major utilities around the globe such as Baltimore Gas & Electric, CitiPower & Powercor, Commonwealth Edison, CPS Energy, Florida Power & Light, Jemena Electricity Networks Limited, Pacific Gas & Electric, Pepco Holdings, Progress Energy, and Singapore Power among others. To learn more, please visit www.silverspringnet.com.
Silver Spring Networks
This press release contains forward-looking statements about Silver Spring Networks’ expectations, plans, intentions, and strategies, including, but not limited to statements regarding Silver Spring’s solutions for municipal and cooperative utilities. Statements including words such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect” or “future” and statements in the future tense are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions, which, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties include those described in Silver Spring Networks’ Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Silver Spring Networks as of the date hereof. Silver Spring Networks assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.