Utilities Including Glendale Water & Power Gain Real-Time Insights For AMI Operations, Grid Operations, Revenue Assurance, and Customer Programs
New Orleans, LA – October 28, 2015 – Today at the Utility Analytics Week conference, Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) announced the availability of its new Operations Optimizer solution, a powerful analytics application that creates insights from a variety of data sources to improve operational efficiencies and program performance for utilities and cities. Operations Optimizer is the next generation of the flagship solution from Detectent, which was acquired by Silver Spring in January 2015. Operations Optimizer provides integration with any data repository, including the Silver Spring SilverLink Data Platform.
Available today, Operations Optimizer features four modules, AMI Operations, Grid Operations, Revenue Assurance, and Customer Programs, which are purpose-built to support key business functions out of the box, coupled with flexible configuration tools to support the unique needs of each customer’s business processes.
“Robust analytics help utilities improve reliability, reduce outages, ensure safe operations for both utility personnel and the public, increase efficiencies, and strengthen the utility-customer relationship,” said Mike Madrazo, Vice President of Analytics Product Management, Silver Spring Networks. “Operations Optimizer offers the unique ability to bring together data analytics and an intuitive user interface as well as workflow and automation tools to meet a plethora of business challenges.”
Rich Insights Unlocked With the New Operations Optimizer Solution
Operations Optimizer is a powerful analytics solution that enables utilities and cities to improve operational efficiency and develop business processes and workflows by leveraging insights from a variety of internal and external data sources. The solution’s four distinct modules support a variety of immediate use cases and are also configurable to support future needs:
- AMI Operations: identifies and diagnoses meter data collection and delivery problems, monitors for meter safety issues, and manages AMI deployments. For example, AMI Operations can identify failed meters, hop count irregularities, unreachable meters, and high-temperature meter trends before they reach a critical state.
- Grid Operations: aggregates and analyzes metering loads across the distribution system in order to identify asset risks and connectivity mismatches, support load planning, and estimate technical losses.
- Revenue Assurance: protects against revenue leakage by identifying theft and other non-technical losses by analyzing feeder imbalances and identifying tampered or bypassed meters. Revenue Assurance also provides workflow, field investigation, and collection tracking capacities.
- Customer Programs: enables utilities to better plan, deliver, and measure demand-side management programs. Customer Programs includes smart meter disaggregation analytics that operate on hourly consumption to identify usage of major appliances at a premise in order to enhance customer segmentation and targeting.
Leading Utilities Count On Data-Driven Insights From Operations Optimizer
Operations Optimizer analyzes data from over 30 million water, gas, and electricity meters, in both AMI and legacy environments, at more than 20 leading utilities across the United States.
“We selected the smart grid analytics solution from Silver Spring Networks because of their unrivaled experience, which shines through in the depth of the functionality delivered out of the box,” said Tami Vallier, Customer Service Administrator, Glendale Water & Power. “We recently deployed Silver Spring Operations Optimizer to gain immediate insights into our data which will also further benefit us when we turn our focus to driving efficiencies in other parts of our organization.”
For more information on today’s announcement, please visit the Silver Spring Utility Analytics Week Booth (# 109).
Join the Silver Spring Networks Conversation
- Read more on the Silver Spring Blog
- Follow @SilverSpringNet on Twitter
- Like Silver Spring Networks on Facebook at facebook.com/silverspringnetworks
About Silver Spring Networks
Silver Spring Networks is a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks. Silver Spring’s pioneering IPv6 networking platform, with over 21.5 million Silver Spring enabled devices delivered, is connecting utilities to homes and business throughout the world with the goal of achieving greater energy efficiency for the planet. Silver Spring’s innovative solutions enable utilities to gain operational efficiencies, improve grid reliability, and empower consumers to monitor and manage energy consumption. Silver Spring Networks’ customers include major utilities around the globe such as Baltimore Gas & Electric, CitiPower & Powercor, Commonwealth Edison, CPS Energy, Florida Power & Light, Jemena Electricity Networks Limited, Pacific Gas & Electric, Pepco Holdings, Progress Energy and Singapore Power, among others. To learn more, please visit www.silverspringnet.com.
Silver Spring Networks
This press release contains forward-looking statements about Silver Spring Networks’ expectations, plans, intentions, and strategies, including, but not limited to statements regarding the benefits and performance capabilities of Silver Spring Network’s Operations Optimizer solution. Statements including words such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect” or “future” and statements in the future tense are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions, which, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties include those described in Silver Spring Networks’ documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Silver Spring Networks as of the date hereof. Silver Spring Networks assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.