Silver Spring’s Broad Open Smart Grid Partner Ecosystem Showcases Innovations at DistribuTECH 2013 Conference and Expo
DistribuTECH Conference & Exhibition, San Diego CA – January 29, 2013 – Silver Spring Networks, a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks, today welcomed 10 new members to its global partner program as it continues to expand its geographic and technical reach, including BEC Technologies, Chameleon Technologies, DigitalGrid, Intwine Energy, Millenium Electronic PTY LTD, MMB Networks, Phasefale, Sophos, Telescada, and Wireless Glue. Silver Spring’s IPv6 networking platform has connected more than 13 million homes and businesses worldwide and its standards-based technologies underpin a diverse and growing open ecosystem.
Today, Silver Spring also introduced a new Network Test Kit for ISV partners to help speed integration and interoperability testing. This new kit complements the previously released Home Area Network Test Kit for DSM partners, Distribution Automation Test Kit for DA partners, and Software Development Kits for Advanced Metering, DA, and DSM partners. The new Network Test Kit delivers a high-performance networking and meter hardware environment to enable end-to-end testing from the back office to the premise, simplifying performance testing and integration. For more information on the Silver Spring Partner Program visit www.silverspringnet.com/partners.
“The industry has embraced standards-based smart grid infrastructure and the open ecosystems that power them,” said Eric Dresselhuys, Executive Vice President of Global Development, Silver Spring Networks. “Robust ecosystems lower risk and cost for utilities while simultaneously creating new opportunities for innovation by partners. Silver Spring is thrilled to welcome these new members to our broad partner community and work with them to deliver even more value to the energy network.”
The new Network Test Kit enhances the numerous existing interoperability and integration toolkits developed for Silver Spring partners:
- The Home Area Network (HAN) Test Kit for Demand-Side Management (DSM) Partners: This kit enables HAN device vendors to certify interoperability of ZigBee SEP 1.x commands between their in-home device and the Silver Spring Communications Module.
- The Distribution Automation (DA) Test Kit for DA Partners: This kit enables DA device makers to verify that DNP3 traffic is successfully traversing Silver Spring Bridges.
- A series of Software Development Kits for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), DA, and Demand-side Management Partners: These kits include software testing environments for a variety of Silver Spring UtilityIQ modules and technical support time to verify interoperability between the partner’s software and the UtilityIQ modules.
Silver Spring and more than 30 of its partners are showcasing their innovations at DistribuTECH, the utility industry’s leading smart grid conference and exposition. To learn more about growing smart grid opportunities, Silver Spring Partner Program benefits, and next-generation technologies, visit Silver Spring at Booth # 1412, Exhibit Hall G.
Join the Silver Spring Networks Conversation
- Follow @SilverSpringNet on Twitter
- Like Silver Spring Networks on Facebook at facebook.com/silverspringnetworks
About Silver Spring Networks
Silver Spring Networks is a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks. With its pioneering IPv6 networking platform, Silver Spring has connected more than 13 million homes and businesses throughout the world with the goal of achieving greater energy efficiency for the planet. Silver Spring’s innovative products enable utilities to gain efficiencies, integrate renewable energy sources, and empower customers to monitor and manage energy consumption. Silver Spring Networks is used by major utilities around the globe including Baltimore Gas & Electric, CitiPower & Powercor, Commonwealth Edison, CPFL Energia, Florida Power & Light, Jemena Electricity Networks Limited, Oklahoma Gas & Electric, Pacific Gas & Electric, and Pepco Holdings, Inc. among others. For more information please visit www.silverspringnet.com.
Silver Spring Networks